RCC Career Project Scholarship – Due Date: April 7, 2017
Purpose of the Career Project
- Better prepare students for the job market by teaching research, evaluation, and decision making skills.
- Focus goals and develop an understanding of chosen industry.
Parts of the Project
- Career goals (both long and short term) and plans for reaching them (No more than 1 Page)
- A Character Sketch composition (No more than 600 words)
- A summary of an interview with someone who holds the type of job you will seek (No more than 2 Pages)
- Immediate and ultimate career objectives.
- Job and educational experiences will you seek out to achieve your goals
- Backup plan?
- Not yet identified a job or career goal?
- Outline the general characteristics of the type of job or career desired. Present a specific plan for deciding.
- Resources for Research
- CareerLeader; Bauer Career Gateway; Wetfeet; Vault; Hoovers, etc.
- Identify a few carefully-chosen characteristics you most want to represent to prospective employers.
- Present clear and concise evidence of those characteristics in action.
- Relate experiences using STAR – Situation or Task, Action, & Result
Interview someone in your goal job.
- Interview someone who holds the type of position that you will seek upon graduation.
- In closing, ask them for any advice on how you can better prepare yourself for promotion or for a career change.
- Write a summary of the interview.
Award and Eligibility Information
2 students will be award a $500.00 scholarship each.
Students must be Undergraduate Bauer College of Business Majors (including Pre-Business Majors) in Good Academic Standing and graduating in December 2017 or after.
Scholarship funded by a benefactor of the Rockwell Career Center concerned with Undergraduate Career Development.