InsideSherpa is a Virtual Work Experience Program that is free for students.
What is a Virtual Work Experience Program?
In the Virtual Work Experience Program, you will complete a simulation of the work done at some of the world’s top firms. The program is self-paced and typically takes 5-6 hours to complete each program. You get to practice skills from leading companies and can add these experiences to your resume.
How do Virtual Work Experience Programs work?
- A virtual work experience program contains modules of tasks from the different divisions of the company you choose.
- View video instructions from actual employees.
- Access curated resources to help you in the task.
- Submit work that reflects actual day to day tasks.
Some of the top programs include:
- Deloitte Tech Consulting Virtual Internship
- KPMG Data Analytics Virtual Internship
- Grant Thornton Audit Virtual Experience
- H2 Ventures Venture Capital Virtual Internship
- Sydney School of Entrepreneurship – Virtual Startup Internship Program
- Sydney Romantics Design, Streetwear & Branding Internship
- Arnold Bloch Leibler M&A Challenge Virtual Internship
- McGrathNicol Technology Virtual Internship
- BCG Strategy Consulting Virtual Experience Program
Not sure if InsideSherpa is for you?
Hear about it directly from Bauer Sophomore, Victoria Moises, who just finished the BCG Strategy Consulting Virtual Experience Program and is currently working on the Tech Consulting Virtual internship with Deloitte.
How easy is it to sign up and use the InsideSherpa platform?
It is extremely user friendly and includes a wide array of companies and specific industries to choose from. Each InsideSherpa virtual internship is equipped with modules, video instructions from real employees, and resources to complete each task to guide each user through their specific internship. Each internship is self-paced for users to gain practical skills and experience.
What have you learned from the BCG Strategy Consulting Virtual Experience Program?
Through the BCG Strategy Consulting Virtual Experience Program, I developed a business strategy for a telecommunications operator who had declining profits for several years. This experience allowed me to solve real client issues and find a solution to drive profitability.
How do you think the Virtual Work Experience Program prepares you for your first job after graduation?
As a sophomore in college, it is hard to gain relevant consulting experience. Through InsideSherpa, I have been able to gain exposure into the consulting field which has fueled my interest even more. It allows me to have something to discuss during an interview and how it has prepared me for a consulting role.
Would you recommend InsideSherpa to other students and why?
I would recommend the InsideSherpa platform to anyone interested in gaining insights into working at a specific firm. As well as anyone seeking a free online, innovative platform to gain experience to put on their resume or add to their LinkedIn. This platform includes internships from companies such as KPMG, Deloitte, and Citibank and many more. InsideSherpa has been an invaluable resource for me to keep busy and continue to learn outside of the classroom during this time.