The Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance degree at Bauer offers the opportunity to specialize in an area of finance by completing a track. Doing a track is optional, but it is a great way to concentrate on one area of finance if you plan to pursue a career in that area. Doing a track can help you stand out to employers in that area.
What are the 5 tracks in Finance?
- The Global Energy Management (GEM) program provides the foundation and preparation for entering into the energy industry. Students have two options, the Global Energy Management track and the Global Energy Management Professional Program. The GEM program is best suited for students who want to work in the energy industry.
- The Commercial Banking program is a complete undergraduate education designed to prepare students for a career in commercial banking. Coursework focuses on banking and accounting which prepares you for a career in commercial banking. The Commercial Banking program is best suited for students who want to work in a commercial bank.
- The Risk Management and Insurance track gives students the essential skills they need to manage risk in today’s business world. The coursework is designed to give students the skills they need to deal with typical risk issues in business. The RMI track is best suited for students interested in working in insurance and risk management.
- The Personal Financial Planning track meets CFP Board of Standards Education Requirement for CFP Certification. Students who complete the track have a leading edge when entering the personal finance market. The Personal Financial Planning track is best suited for students interested in Financial Advising, Financial Planning, and Wealth Management.
- The Real Estate Program focuses on commercial real estate and the coursework provides a foundation in real estate fundamentals. The Real Estate track is best suited for students wanting to pursue a career in commercial real estate.
Not sure if a track is right for you? Schedule an appointment with Amanda Ware in Bauer Career Gateway to learn more about careers in each area of finance.