This summer, July 28 to August 7, the Harris County – Houston Sports Authority will host the AAU Junior Olympic Games, the top youth athletic competition in the country! This event will be a great way for students to learn about everything that is involved with hosting a huge sporting event that routinely attracts thousands of athletes and fans.
This event will take place across four venues, so you can volunteer at the location most convenient for you:
- George R. Brown Convention Center
- Sports Stacking, Baton Twirling, Pickle Ball, Taekwondo, Karate, Wrestling, Trampoline & Tumbling, and Jump Rope
- Turner Stadium
- Track & Field
- Houston Sports Park
- Field Hockey
- Cypress – Fairbanks Swim Club
We are looking for volunteers in all areas to help us put on an unforgettable event, and we think Bauer students would be a great fit. No special skills or experience are needed. Possible responsibilities include: taking photographs, checking in guests, monitoring competitions, posting scores, and much more! Volunteers are required to register for a minimum of two shifts.
Register Here: https://hchsa.rosterfy.co/register
Why You Should Volunteer:
- It’s a great learning opportunity. You will see firsthand all the behind-the-scenes efforts that go into executing a huge sporting event and get to contribute to those efforts through doing meaningful work.
- It’s a great networking opportunity. You will meet HCHSA staff and contractors, as well as other like-minded volunteers, allowing you to expand your professional network. HCHSA also has internships available every semester, so volunteering for HCHSA could give you an advantage when applying for internships with the organization in the future.
- It’s a resume booster. We have dozens of different volunteer positions available, so you can decide which positions best match your interests and career goals, and then add your experiences to your resume and LinkedIn profile.
- It’s convenient. This event will be held in four different venues in Houston over a weeklong period in the summer, so you can pick which venue is most convenient for them to travel to and which date works best with your schedule.
- It’s a short time commitment. We know how busy students are, and we’re not looking for a semester-long commitment—just a few hours!
- You’ll get free stuff! All volunteers will receive a free meal and t-shirt at the event.
Visit https://hchsa.rosterfy.co/register to register to volunteer as an individual. If you would like to register as a group of 10 or more, please contact Lauren Goodman (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.