Step 1: Secure your internship
Step 2: Check your eligibility to see if you qualify for earning credit
- Visit your academic advisor in Melcher Hall to ensure you meet all pre-requisites to enroll in the internship course. Your academic advisor will answer any questions regarding your degree plan.
- Must be a business student
- Must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Internship hours worked must total at least 160 hours, 80 of which must be in the semester in which the student receives credit.
- If you meet the eligibility requirements, have your academic advisor fill out section 3 in the Internship Academic Credit form.
Step 3: Complete Application Process
If you meet the eligibility requirements, download the guidelines for your major, the Internship Academic Credit application form, the Employment Agreement form and the supplemental Unpaid Internship form if pursuing an unpaid internship. All forms must be completed and turned in at the same time as an application packet.
Note: F1 Visa students will also need to request credit for Curricular Practicum Training through the ISSSO website AND request to add the Experience Track to their Academic Degree Plan via General Petition.
Complete and return your Application packet signed by your academic advisor to the Rockwell Career Center with a copy of your résumé and internship job posting or descriptive offer letter.
All items must be turned in by deadline to a Career Counselor. An RCC Career Counselor will review your application materials for minimum qualifications and inform you of your status by email. This can take up to 2 business days. You will receive an e-mail notifying you whether your application has been approved.
Step 4: Pay for Internship Course
The internship for credit course is billed as a 4000 level business course.
The application process for Internship Academic Credit requires the following four documents be submitted to the Rockwell Career Center by the application deadline.
Summer 2018 Internship for Credit Paperwork Deadline is Friday, June 1, 2018.
Fall 2018 Internship for Credit Paperwork Deadline is Friday, August 17, 2018.
- Job posting or offer letter describing what student’s internship duties will be
- Current copy of student’s résumé
- The Internship Academic Credit Form
- The Employment Agreement Form
- Supplemental Employer Form Required for Unpaid Internships