11th Hour Racing, a Newport RI-based organization, is committed to an innovative approach blending sport sponsorship and philanthropic giving to protect the health of our oceans and waters. We are looking for a college student interested in marketing, public relations, digital content creation, and, ideally, the intersection of sport and ocean health to join our team for Summer 2021. The intern will work with our small in-house communications/marketing team and will get hands-on experience in marketing campaign development and implementation.
The internship is an hourly, paid part time role in the 11th Hour Racing offices with flexibility for some remote work; final schedule to be agreed between intern and company. The internship can be taken for course credit as well if the student so desires. This position is based in Newport, RI.
You will be involved in a range of marketing activities related to 11th Hour Racing’s external communications projects. You will work on developing campaigns related to 11th Hour Racing’s grantees, ambassadors, and sponsorships which focus on ocean health. You will interact closely with 11th Hour Racing staff members and be given responsibilities based on experience and skills, which may include the following:
- Design concepts and completed content for digital media marketing
- Develop and present marketing campaigns for social media marketing
- Research and present best practices related to digital marketing including social media advertising and analytics
- Develop media lists and tailored media outreach plans
- Participate in group discussions and contribute insights, ideas, and feedback related to grantees or pertinent topics and issues
- Support the communications department with ongoing projects as needed