We heard you knock!
Responsible for the preparation of financial statements for internal and external use, including the preparation of analytical explanations. Research and document accounting and financial reporting requirements using all available tools, recommending accounting treatment for complex transactions based on such research.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist in the preparation of the financial statements for external and internal reporting in compliance with SEC regulations and prepare statements for other regulatory reporting as required.
- Compile, analyze and maintain supporting documents and schedules for external financial reporting in a logical order that facilitates both internal and external audit reviews in a timely manner.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication to obtain supporting documentation for external financial reporting.
- Assist in providing support for the annual audit and quarterly review activity with external auditors.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and process improvement initiatives.
- Assist with maintaining compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of special projects and drafting of accounting memos as they arise.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- Advanced certifications and/or degrees a plus: CPA, MBA, CMA, etc.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in a financial reporting or related role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented team player with excellent organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to work on time sensitive projects without daily supervision
- Ability to interact with all levels of management in various departments throughout the company
- Willingness to take on and assist with new and varied projects as they arise
- Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Hyperion Financial Management and/or Hyperion Essbase a plus
- Wdesk / Workiva experience a plus
Open to extraordinary!