The Role You’ll Play
Are you an ambitious accountant with external financial reporting and auditing experience, ready to take the next step into a management role? As the Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager, you will directly support the CAO by leading internal and external auditing, spearheading financial reporting for monthly and quarterly books closings, and managing a Corporate Accountant on your team. Working for this specialty tire manufacturer would give you the opportunity to be involved with all aspects of the business as a whole and to work cross-functionally with many different departments.
If you’re excited about working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with room to grow, this might be a great next step!
Who You Are
- A confident auditor, able to manage both internal and external auditing processes.
- Able to juggle multiple, revolving deadlines including responsibility for the month-end closing process for Corporate Headquarters
- Extremely well organized, both in managing your work and your time.
- Experienced in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements (profit and loss, balance sheets, and cash flow statements) as well as footnotes in accordance with GAAP and supporting internal & external reporting.
- Proven ability to work in fast-paced, detailed and deadline-oriented environment by balancing multiple priorities simultaneously
- A strong communicator, skilled in both verbal and written communication across all levels of the organization.
Community | Franklin, TN (Nashville Area)
- A historic town named after Benjamin Franklin with Civil War battlefields and a very engaged community, only 40 minutes from Nashville.
- Downtown features an eclectic mix of cultural restaurants and local boutiques.
- Welcoming community with many events like the annual Main Street Festival featuring local artists and musicians.
- A well-run city with low taxes, high homeownership rates, and highly ranked schools. Earned an A+ rating on Niche.com.
- Livability ranked Franklin No. 15 among the most desirable places to live in the U.S. in 2017. The city also made the “Best Cities” lists of the Wall Street Journal, Money Magazine, and more.
- 3+ years of accounting, financial reporting, & auditing experience in public accounting
- OR 5+ years of accounting and financial reporting in a private or public business
- Thorough understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business, required
- Master’s Degree – MBA or Accounting, a plus
- CPA Certification, highly desired
- Strong Excel skills, required
- JD Edwards and Hyperion exposure preferred or proven ability to learn new computer systems quickly