Why work at MGIC?
Are you someone who wants to play a critical role in our company’s success? Do you enjoy solving puzzles and finding a better way to get things done? Are you someone who likes to Take The Lead and make an impact? If so, then imagine yourself at MGIC. At MGIC we are a team of dedicated professionals on a fearless mission. A team that fosters a culture of career development and continuous learning opportunities to help you rise to new heights. We are passionate about providing outstanding customer service and making a difference in our community. #WeAreMGIC
How will you make an impact? (role and responsibilities)
- Optimize pricing and recommend changes to enhance economic value or address changes in competitive landscape using internal and external models and data sources.
- Analyze components of pricing indications for further refinement and appropriate reflection of available data
- Improve MGIC’s understanding of economic value through continual model improvement
- Assess sensitivity of market response to price changes across segments
- Responsible for analysis and understanding of correlations between risk characteristics and the implication to modeling results.
- Maintains accurate documentation on analyses performed.
- Makes recommendations to the actuarial team regarding rate analysis and process improvements.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining file structures related to actuarial analyses.
- Do you have what it takes? (requirements)
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in finance, economics or math. Completion of four to six actuarial exams (or MBA) strongly preferred.
- 5 years advanced work
- For analysis of moderate complexity requires general direction, defines necessary tasks to achieve outcomes
- Performs analysis of high complexity/advanced nature with limited oversight
- High level of business knowledge; project work involves several layers of thinking and impacts multiple areas
- High level of knowledge in actuarial procedures and analytical techniques
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Risk management principles and concepts
- Residential mortgage industry and role of mortgage insurance
- Prior use or knowledge of mortgage analytics models and approaches
- Risk information resources, technology and systems
- Data analytics, reporting and data analysis tools
- Project management principles
- Demonstrated programming skills (e.g., SAS, R, Python, SQL, etc.) and use of Microsoft Excel
- Skilled with tools to visually present data analysis such as Tableau or AWS
- Understanding of insurance rate-making and financial analysis
- Experience with reinsurance and financial enterprise risk management
- Think and act strategically
- Financial analysis and data manipulation, to structure problems, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Ability to model problems using a variety of software and databases
- Demonstrated ability to communicate sensitive information, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to present results and recommendations effectively
Enjoy these benefits from day one:
- Competitive Salary & pay-for-performance bonus
- Financial Benefits (401k with company match, pension plan, profit sharing, HSA, wellness rewards program)
- On-site Fitness Center and classes (corporate office)
- Paid-time off and paid company holidays
- Business casual dress
For additional information about MGIC and to apply, please visit our website at www.mgic.com/careers.