We are currently seeking a Senor Financial Analyst! The Senior Financial Analyst is a key contributor to the success of Carnival Cruise Line and helps operational leaders make critical business decisions through their technical and analytical expertise. This role is responsible for reporting and analyzing financial variances of ongoing operations, building forecast and budgets, in addition to developing, tracking, and analyzing recommendations for important strategic initiatives.
- Be a project lead in providing complex financial analysis and communicating gathered insights to all levels of management in a simple and understandable approach.
- Be the key financial support for various operational groups in the planning, forecasting, and variance explanation of ongoing operations as well as new initiatives in a timely manner.
- Develop and improve upon analytical tools, independently and collaboratively, to offer insights into business trends and identify opportunities.
- Extract and assimilate data, as well as coordinate flow of information to complete projects and ad hoc requests.
- Constantly self-improve, in addition to developing other members of the team and promote an environment of teamwork and high professional standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with 3.2 GPA or higher.
- MBA or Masters of Accounting (MAC), Bachelors in Business Administration preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in finance, accounting, operational planning or related roles.
- Mastery with financial statement analysis. Must be able to critically think, problem solve, and perform root cause analysis under ambiguity. Highly analytical and detail oriented with a strong business sense. Ability to manage multiple projects to completion, coordinate action plans, and implement actionable strategies. Be able to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload, and achieve effective results. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Adapts readily and easily to changes, and has the drive to challenge the limits of their professional skills.
- Financial planning (budgeting and forecasting) experience; experience with revenue planning / accounting; experience developing data visualization and business unit financial KPIs.
- Advanced proficiency in Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Interactive Reporting, and Oracle Financials or similar database systems. Proficiency in Tableau or Power BI. Knowledge of SQL syntax and ability to write queries. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to adapt easily to change in dynamic environment.
Carnival Cruise Line is the most popular cruise brand in North America and operates a fleet of ships designed to foster exceptionally safe, fun and memorable vacation experiences at an outstanding value. Our employees have a responsibility to be accountable for all actions. We consider the environment in all aspects of our business and have a responsibility to put safety and sustainability first. We live and share a positive attitude which is based on fostering an environment of inclusion, trust, a willingness to listen, openness and integrity. Doing this helps us to achieve our ultimate goal, which is to include FUN in everything we do! Speaking of fun, we are officially certified as a Great Place to Work aboard our ships as well as in our global corporate headquarters
Carnival Corporation & plc and Carnival Cruise Line is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. In this regard, it does not discriminate against any qualified individual on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, mental, physical or sensory disability, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, federal, and/or international law.
Benefits as a member of Carnival’s Team:
- A comprehensive benefit program which includes medical, dental and vision plans
- Additional programs include company paid term life insurance and disability coverage and a 401(k) plan that includes a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Cruise benefits
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program located at our Doral campus
- An on-site Wellness Center and Health clinic at our Doral campus