Provides timely research and analysis of key intelligence topics, relevant learnings about competitors, the business environment and global macro trends impacting our business. Conducts searches and synthesizes information to support global strategic efforts. Provides forward-looking, trusted, easily accessible and actionable information and insights to department leadership for developing strategies that maximize the potential of the Mary Kay brand and opportunity worldwide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in ascertaining strategic needs. With guidance from leadership, plans, organizes, manages and executes globally strategic projects. Identifies needed and available resources, collaborating with collectors, researchers and subject experts (internal and external).
2. Gathers and analyzes macro trends including drivers, consumer values, behaviors and industry from infinite data sources. Determines which sources are viable and which trends warrant further research and analysis. Has deep knowledge of competitors, both beauty and direct selling. With direction from department leadership, synthesizes and filters information to determine potential impact to the Mary Kay business. Develops a concise, supported and well-articulated point of view.
3. Monitors information or activity related to current and ongoing key insight topics, competitors and beauty. Monitors peripheral macro trends that could affect or are relevant to current or future business needs but may not yet be identified as key insight topics.
4. Develops and maintains company insights databases and ongoing needed subject expert relationships. Ensures that insights on key topics are stored in corporate insights databases and the database is accurate, current and adjusted to evolving needs of the internal clients.
5. Builds relationships with internal partners to understand the strategic needs and goals of each. Works with region and market teams to align corporate efforts with market strategy and business plans. Ensures dissemination of results to the appropriate parties.
6. Ensures timeliness and quality of work. Ensures that conceptual frameworks are thoroughly tested, that information is validated and the information developed supports the point of view taken. Ensures that work is reviewed by other analysts and/or knowledgeable parties to uncover errors and improve content. Ensures that presentation and written material are concise and well-documented.
7. Works with Manager, Global Strategy to ensure that alerts, early warnings and other communication tools are developed and disseminated.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, business, market research, finance or a related field; MBA or other graduate degree highly preferred
Experience: 3+ years of business experience in field of research related responsibility
1. Must possess strong analytical abilities to analyze and interpret insights data. Must also possess the resourcefulness necessary to monitor and remain aware of continually emerging insight gathering trends, methods and technology.
2. In addition to strong project management skills, must have strong collaborative skills to participate on cross-functional teams across the organization in gathering and analyzing competitive and strategic insights to support global strategic initiatives.
3. Must have excellent written and oral presentation skills.
4. Domestic and international travel is required approximately 10% of work time.
All requirements are subject to modification, where possible and as necessary, to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.