Asset Management – Financial & Business Analysis (Product Support) – Associate
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $3.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
We are looking for a candidate to join the Finance team in Plano supporting the various product desks in our Asset Management (AM) division. The team is responsible for providing value added financial reporting, planning/forecasting and analysis to help our product desks to improve financial performance, achieve key business priorities and make informed decisions. The product desks supported include equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset solutions, and liquidity.
The role will involve ownership of the various tasks and projects listed below, and will give you a broad exposure to the business drivers of the Asset Management business. You will work closely with the Product CFOs and broader Financial Planning & Analysis team, but also will be expected to interact with peers and business leaders in the product desks and other areas as necessary.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Produce weekly/monthly/quarterly/adhoc reporting of the results and drivers for senior management, and prepare materials for business reviews and other presentations.
- Perform variance analysis to understand the key drivers of the results and provide commentary explaining changes from prior forecasts/budgets.
- Review and analyze the results of the AM activity based costing model and suggest areas where expense efficiencies could be achieved.
- Partner with desk heads and investment specialist heads to produce and develop metrics to measure performance of their teams.
- Enhance controls and streamline processes, introducing automation where possible.
- Work on projects to drive global consistency and create synergies across the team. An example would be developing a new pricing tool that can be used for all products.
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other related area (CFA, CPA, MBA a plus).
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant Financial Services experience.
- Strong technical and analytical skills, including proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Essbase, and other financial applications; experience with Tableau or Qlikview a plus.
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and diligent, and capable of challenging peers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly.
- Highly motivated and able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment and prioritize projects accordingly.
- Desire and ability to understand and effectively utilize MIS reporting systems
- Integrity in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial principles and ability to link results to activities
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner for the Business, Finance, and F&BA Teams.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management solutions. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
8181 Communications Pkwy Bldg B, Plano, TX, 75024, US
09/03/2020, 01:54 PM