We have a position available for an Assistant Controller. This position would require that you relocate to another one of our locations after a 12 – 18 month training period.
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each operating location
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Preparation of annual financial budgets
- Preparation of detailed budget, income or expenditure reports
- Completion of monthly financial projection analysis
- Rate analysis and review
- Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities
- Evaluating and assessing internal controls and operating results including analysis of budget to actual results; presents cost reduction recommendations to management
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance and accounting procedures
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 12 credit hours accounting coursework is absolutely required, Master preferred
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Must have 1-3 years of experience as either a senior accountant or assistant controller role
- Must be willing to travel to local sites 25% of the time. Typical travel consist of 1-2 day trips.
- MUST be willing to relocate with 12 – 18 months
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems
- Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V.)