Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have fulfilling personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
As the Assistant Finance Manager within our Sales Finance team you will be responsible for providing strong financial leadership and insights to functional and business unit leaders around trade spending, customer profitability, and customer financial reporting. This position will drive long-term profitable growth for customers in the Dollar channel (Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Family Dollar), the Home Hardware channel (Home Depot, Lowe’s), and Kroger. This position reports to the Sr. Finance Manager but works closely with sales.
- Own the Customer-specific Scorecards, Reporting, and Joint Business Planning processes for Dollar General and Kroger, working with your sales counterparts to develop profitable goals for Clorox. Assess spending and suggest areas of improvement to provide better return on investment. Provide support for customer negotiations.
- Actively support all customer teams by having a key leadership role in driving growth by providing analytical support on trade spending and profitability, and by assessing current and future risks and opportunities during the development of current year targets and long range plans.
- Continue to build the business and financial understanding of the local Teams to ensure focus on balanced metrics; including Volume, Sales and Profit.
- Drive Value Creation by proactively identifying and championing opportunities to create tangible value for Strategic Customers; including leading efforts around Trade controls, modernization, automation, and simplification.
- Own your development by actively participating in the MyGPS process and Learning and Development programs.
- Partner with Business Unit (HQ) finance to ensure consistency between financials analysis and current operational plans.
Key Skills, Abilities, Experience and Education Required
Years and Type of Experience:
- 5+ years of professional work experience in finance and accounting
- SAP or other ERP systems experience highly desirable
- CPG industry and/or retailer experience preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience required. Microsoft Power BI/Tableau/Alterix a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical skills needed to consolidate large quantities of data, identify trends and drivers and distill issues and risks
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work on cross-functional activities and form solid business relationships
- Ability to take personal ownership of project tasks and ensure timely resolution of issues
- Experience in interpreting accounting principles and incorporating learnings into project financials
- Strong excel modeling capabilities highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics; MBA or CPA a plus
More about Finance
Ready to keep learning? Whether your focus is on supply chain cost management, financial forecasting, long-range planning and analysis, or financial reporting, you’ll work on assignments across the organization that will build your business knowledge, technical skills and leadership experience.
More About Clorox
The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with approximately 8,800 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2020 sales of $6.7 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products;
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- Liquid-Plumr® clog removers
- Poett® home care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Brita® water-filtration products; Burt’s Bees® natural personal care products
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality™ and NeoCell® dietary supplements.
The company also markets industry-leading products and technologies for professional customers, including those sold under the CloroxPro™ and Clorox Healthcare® brand names. Nearly 80% of the company’s sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories
Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as Clorox recruiters via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.