Join the pioneers in the industry with our leading-edge payer work. An increasingly important area for the enterprise, we are continuing to understand their needs more deeply, identify evidence gaps and shape the payer environment. Be recognized and valued from the top for our innovative work in payer, as we work to create and deliver highly valued market access solutions.
The Associate Director of Oncology Contract Strategy will contribute to defining contract and channel strategies and platforms for oncology brands within the AZ product portfolio and maintaining consistency with that strategy as it is implemented. This role will drive business analytics to support contract strategy activities and partner with Customer Facing account roles, including National Oncology Account Directors, GPO Account Directors and the National Payer Team.
The Associate Director of Oncology Contract Strategy will assist in bringing forward marketplace perspective and pragmatic solutions to optimize patient access to AstraZeneca’s oncology treatments. This individual will assist in the development of contract and channel strategies that align with Brand Team / Therapeutic Area business strategies for launch and in-line products. The Associate Director of Oncology Contract Strategy may partner with customer facing account teams in direct customer engagement around identified key initiatives, build/align, and execute negotiation strategies with customer facing teams. This role will also collaborate with a wide variety of internal stakeholders such as Oncology Access Strategy, Brand Leadership, Value Strategy and Evidence, Brand and Market Access Finance, Contract Operations, Compliance and Legal.
A key deliverable of this role is ensuring all contract strategies and offerings have financial justification and sound business judgment and also assist in assessing the performance of existing contract strategies & offerings. They are responsible for ensuring the timely and regular re-evaluation of current strategy and deliver segment strategies within the Oncology therapeutic area.
- Assist in the development of and brings contract strategies through the approval/governance process
- Directly partner with customer facing teams around prioritized key initiatives
- Co-development and execution of negotiation strategies
- Coordinate with team of analysts/specialists in operational activities such as rebates, chargebacks, government reporting, contract writing and process approvals
- Monitor environment and practices for shifts in trends or behaviors, interpret likely impact and suggest appropriate actions around lifecycle contracting and pricing considerations
- Develop deep understanding of competitive market conditions that affect pricing for individual brands, therapeutic areas and overall industry
- Serves as a resource for Licensing and Business Development in assessing price for potential opportunities
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in a relevant field (Marketing, Science, Economics or Finance)
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical or related healthcare business
- Experience in pharmaceutical sales and/or healthcare industry
- Understanding of Market Access and Healthcare delivery as it relates to Oncology
- Analytical skills including problem solving, forecasting, contract development and financial modelling
- Demonstrated negotiation and relationship building skills
- Solution/Innovation mindset
- Previous experience/engagement with the specialty channel, payers, and Oncology providers
- Thorough understanding of AZ business model with specific knowledge of brand team operation, brand planning and sales model
- Finance and/or analytics background
- Contract development and negotiation
- Clinical Acumen/Health Economics
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.