Associate Equity Analyst
A long-only, multi-billion dollar mid-cap equity fund is looking for an experienced analyst to join a small team of investment professionals committed to rigorous, research-driven investing. The strategy seeks to outperform by incorporating a long-term perspective and investing in undervalued companies that possess resilient cash flow streams, attractive reinvestment opportunities and aligned management teams. The portfolio is concentrated and turnover is low. Analysts on the team cover multiple sectors and are expected to deeply understand various business models and industry competitive dynamics. Candidate should have high degree of intellectual curiosity, possess strong technical skills and a willingness to use various data sources to investigate investment opportunities.
The research analyst’s continuous and disciplined involvement in the research process is critical in this role. The analyst should be capable of having a voice in the portfolio construction process and ownership of investment performance.
The research analyst is expected to be proficient in the following areas:
- Building and maintaining detailed financial models including forecasts and valuation-based screening capabilities
- Analyzing performance of companies and industry sectors and developing and sharing investment insights
- Engaging with management teams, consultants, analysts and industry experts
- Preparing research reports on companies owned or under consideration for purchase
- Designing and maintaining investment tools to aid in the overall productivity and processes of the team
- Bachelor’s degree, 3+ years in buy-side or sell-side equity research or related field
- Excellent quantitative, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and with/across teams
- Experience covering or investing in Consumer, Technology sectors
- MBA and/or CFA
Securities licenses will not generally be obtained or maintained unless deemed by Bessemer Trust to be required in order for you to perform the responsibilities of this position.
Bessemer is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.