BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.
When you work with the world’s most innovative companies, you know you’re making a difference.
Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They’re the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work.
They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients’ world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
The Associate on the Syndications team is responsible for assisting in the execution and ongoing management of syndicated loans for a broad range of bank clients. Industries served include technology, life sciences, fin tech, energy and resource innovation, global fund banking, and wine. Be part of a fast-growing team of bright, energetic, and experienced individuals striving to help clients achieve their financial goals.
This role will provide broad lending exposure with the opportunity to work with lending teams throughout the US and occasional foreign jurisdictions (primarily in Europe and Canada). The Associate will work across all innovation sectors and will gain exposure to all financing products including Cash Flow Lending, Asset Based Lending, Recurring Revenue, Project Finance and Capital Call lines.
An Associate I in this role would:
- Facilitate team interactions throughout the organization, including internal banking teams, credit teams, agency services, loan operations, and legal counsel, as well as external teams, to provide optimal loan structures for SVB-led transactions
- Interface and play a strong role in deal team coordination for syndicated transactions
- Assist in the follow up on referrals for prospective clients and assist in preparing materials to present SVB syndicated loan products
- Develop syndication offering memoranda and/or term sheets for marketing to potential syndicate partners
- Assist with the internal due diligence process and actively engage with lenders at partner institutions to support their diligence processes through answering financial, structural and historical questions
- Assist in the preparation of documentation related to the transaction through closing and ongoing monitoring
- Support the loan closing process and ongoing agency services
- Assist in providing loan market insight and guidance on syndicated financings; including tracking comparable transactions for SVB and non-SVB led debt issuances
- Provide updates on industry and loan markets for use internally and externally
- Maintain updates for SVB syndication marketing materials, including tombstones
- Maintain investor data site for diligence on new transactions and ongoing communication for existing transactions
- Manage portfolio of syndicated loans by assisting in reporting tracking, amendments, waivers and renewals
- Travel likely within US to corporate customers to participate in customer diligence and for lender meetings.
- Must be excellent team player
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently in addition to providing support to deal teams
- Must be able to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of SVB’s bank operations
- Superior financial modeling abilities
- Knowledge of loan markets and pricing, a plus; credit analysis skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; MBA/CFA a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of recent, relevant work experience in corporate lending/finance
For more than 35 years, SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB) and its subsidiaries have helped innovative companies and their investors move bold ideas forward, fast. SVB Financial Group’s businesses, including Silicon Valley Bank, offer commercial and private banking, asset management, private wealth management, brokerage and investment services and funds management services to companies in the technology, life science and healthcare, private equity and venture capital, and premium wine industries. Headquartered in Santa Clara, California, SVB Financial Group operates in centers of innovation around the world. Learn more at svb.com.
SVB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer.
At SVB, we have the opportunity to grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and financial services, to apply.
© 2021 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB).
Silicon Valley Bank is registered in England and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK under No. FC029579. Silicon Valley Bank is authorised and regulated by the California Department of Business Oversight and the United States Federal Reserve Bank; authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority with number 577295; and subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.