Dimensional’s Investment Solutions Group (ISG) acts as a source of specialized investment knowledge that delivers thought leadership, education and analysis to our clients through face-to-face interactions and compelling, informative content.
Within ISG, The Product Specialist team is a resource for deep, specialized knowledge of our solutions. Through content and conversations, this team is a valuable resource to help clients understand our portfolios and their performance. The Investment Strategist will work with other members of the Investments Solutions Group with a focus on broad equity market or strategy-specific data analysis, research, and ad hoc projects. This position reports to a senior member of the team and is based in our Charlotte, NC, office.
- Independently analyze, process and interpret data to create portfolio performance commentary and charts..
- Play a crucial role in the development of internal and external communications, including investment philosophy, portfolio management process, and portfolio commentary.
- Lead the collaborative efforts with Research, Portfolio Management, Trading, Investment Solutions Group, Sales and Marketing to drive collaboration to keep functional groups aligned.
- Lead internal product discussions with an educational framework.
- Provide quality control to ensure consistency and accuracy of performance and characteristics used internally and externally with minimal supervision.
- Prepare and deliver presentations that convey complex investment concepts in more accessible terms for consultants, clients, and prospects.
- Develop feedback loop through relationships with external-facing account managers to make recommendations and improvements to Dimensional’s offerings.
- Bachelor’s degree, an MBA and/or CFA are required.
- 3-7 years of experience in a related role and a strong understanding of the asset management industry and capital markets.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to articulate investment concepts to a variety of audience types.
- Experience with portfolio attribution analysis and performance commentary writing is preferred.
- Ability to resolve problems effectively and exercise independent judgement.
- Motivated to self-teach skills and apply learned knowledge to applicable tasks.
- Eager to learn and responsive to constructive feedback and guidance.
Dimensional offers a variety of programs to help take care of you, your family, and your career, including comprehensive benefits, educational initiatives, and special celebrations of our history, culture, and growth.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.