Advisory Americas delivers corporate finance advisory services for mergers and acquisitions throughout the Americas (North and Latin America). The team includes over 70 bankers located in New York, San Francisco, Mexico City, Bogota, São Paulo, and Santiago de Chile.
Within Latin America, the team is organized geographically along four regions: Mexico, Brazil, Andean Region and Southern Cone. While covering all industries, the team is organized along three primary investment banking industry groups: Energy & Renewables; Infrastructure; and Financial Institutions.
- Overview. Contribute actively to the execution and origination of M&A advisory activities in the Energy & Renewables sector across Latin America excluding Brazil (“Hispanic Latam”)
- Execution. Day-to-day execution of all aspects of M&A sell-side and buy-side transactions (including preparation of marketing materials, financial analyses, information package, coordination with transaction stakeholders and third-party advisors, etc.)
- Origination. Contribute to the preparation of origination materials and be able to present clearly some key ideas in client meetings
- Team Building. The Associate will work closely with Analysts on transactions, marketing, pitch preparation and deal execution. A key focus of the role will be overall mentoring of junior resources and ability to generally act as a constructive team player
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics – preferably, Master’s Degree or MBA
- 3+ years of relevant experience in M&A, Project Finance (or other structured finance) preferably in a bulge bracket or large boutique investment bank, and/or in the Energy & Renewables sectors
- Proficiency in Spanish and English
- Advanced M&A transaction understanding, with a broad corporate finance skillset, and direct experience assisting in the execution of M&A transactions
- Relevant exposure to the Energy & renewables industry
- Superior people skills to ensure constructive dialogue and positive cooperation both internally and externally
- Team player, self-motivated and entrepreneurial, with the ability and willingness to guide and mentor junior team members
- Strong financial modelling capabilities and advanced knowledge of corporate finance theory
- Client-focused, deal-driven, credible, and a highly energetic professional
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of intellect, professionalism, and integrity
Series 79 and 63
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
Primary Location: US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard / Permanent
Education Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)
Experience Level: At least 3 years