Position Title: Associate Manager, ePlanning
Reports to: Manager ePlanning
The Associate Manager, ePlanning role works closely with the eCommerce and division cross functional teams to drive on-line penetration and share growth behind a holistic customer experience. This individual will be the launch point for all data analysis including higher-level marketplace trends and customer performance. The role will be focused on execution and insuring that eSales/brand counterparts have the insights needed to drive Omni-Channel business results. He/She will be instrumental in evaluating new opportunities and informing the Writing BU on what innovation elements are needed to win in white space areas across the business. The ideal candidate will have strong analytic skills, foundational understanding of how decisions impact the P&L, be an effective communicator, comfortable with presenting trends to key stakeholders and able to work cross functionally in an ever-evolving space. The Associate Manager will focus its energies against Retail.com as well as develop retail strategy for emerging customers within the Writing BU.
Insights & Analytics:
- Identifies broader marketplace trends via multiple data sources including NPD, IRI, Edge Digital Shelf tools, Kantar and external sources.
- Quantifies the size of prize behind white space opportunities.
- Owns Digital Shelf Reporting
- Maintains assortment workbook/product catalogue matrix.
- Owns promotion and innovation trackers.
- Conducts regular Market Basket Analysis leveraging ARA Premium/retailer specific data
- Supports ePlanning Manager in POS and Share reporting.
- Owns the New Item Set Up process for all Writing brands.
- Assists eSales in actioning any outliers from Digital Shelf reporting with the eMarketing and eProduction teams.
- Collaborates with eMarketing to identify opportunities to drive on-line presence behind key search terms, identifying shifts in how shoppers are looking for brands and converting purchase.
- Develops basic understanding of the P&L and monthly forecast call.
- Supports by providing input into financial tools to assess viability and sustainability of activity.
- Builds framework of selling stories to support brand initiatives.
- Presents to internal cross functional counterparts to communicate marketplace trends and retailer needs.
Customer & Consumer Understanding:
- Proactively seeks to understand the consumer shopping journey and what drives purchases on retailer platform.
- Looks to both internal and external sources to build knowledge base.
Insight & Analytics:
- Understand brand/category dynamics in addition to consumer purchase dynamics.
- Routinely evaluates right to win assortment opportunities
- Monitors competitive activity to understand threats, gaps and opportunities to take share.
- Represents the needs of the retailer, inputting to innovation GKM process.
- Educates brand partners on the fit for use requirements of the channel.
- Assess pricing and promotional activity to ensure that it delivers financial targets while adhering to brand guardrails.
- Identify and manage through potential channel conflicts.
- Provides eCommerce insights to brand counterparts to assist in storytelling.
- Consumer & Customer Understanding
- Serve as subject matter expert for Writing brands
- Develops understanding of consumer purchase journey and where potential friction points exist in shopping journey.
- Bachelor’s degree (emphasis in business, marketing, finance or related field), MBA a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience working with a leading CPG company in an eCommerce focused role.
- Familiar with sales, planning, marketing and category management practices.
- Understanding of eCommerce best practices.
- Strong analytic skills. Must be able to triangulate data sources to pull together a compelling selling story to educate and influence internal cohorts and retail partners.
- Analyze complex business issues and determine appropriate action.
- Able to work cross-functionally and drive organizational inclusivity of eCommerce.
- Effective communicator able to represent the needs of the consumer and retailer alike.
- Must be a creative thinker and solution oriented.
- Must be able to work within fast paced work environment.
- Previous experience working with a large SKU portfolio a plus, but not a requirement.
- Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time.
- NOTE: Relocation not provided
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.