The Associate Manager – Supply Chain Strategy will develop long-range models for sourcing network cost, responsiveness, and flexibility, aligned with corporate strategy, geographic business plans and priorities, technology constraints and potential cost ranges.
In this role you will partner with supply chain leaders across business units to identify and recommend sourcing optimization opportunities. You will present recommendations to senior leaders and support final strategy MEA development and transition into implementation teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage mathematical modeling tools (E.g. IBM ILOG Logic Net Plus, Llamasoft Supply Chain Guru) to design network models and key insights.
- Partner with New Product Development teams to develop recommendations on new product sourcing strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for cost savings and/or capacity expansion through the optimization of the global manufacturing, 3PM and raw and pack material supply networks.
- Partner with Business Unit Strategy Implementation leads in validation and execution of regional / global manufacturing network optimization projects.
- Prepare and present strategic recommendations to senior leaders across business units.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Procurement and/or RD&E
- 1+ year of experience data mining and network modeling
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- MBA or MS in Supply Chain, Engineering, Finance, Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge and/or training in operations research discipline
- Demonstrated commitment to self-development thru Supply Chain or other professional certifications
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to gather, analyze data and make recommendations for improvements in network design
- Strong cross-cultural awareness and leadership capability
- Strong business acumen, ability to deal with ambiguity, priority setting, and organizational skills to allow simultaneous management of multiple projects
- Experience and demonstrated ability to interface through both written and verbal communication with multiple levels of an organization both internally and externally
- Experience developing strategic business plans
- Full-Time, typical work hours 8 – 5, M – F with regular calls off-hours with global partners
- Occasional travel to global SCJ factories, suppliers, and regional HQs for project meetings
- Open office setting, collaborative team-based environment
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information