Full Job Description
The Finance Department has a career opportunity for a Treasury Associate Manager supporting capital and liquidity for the Group Insurance (GI) business. The qualified candidate will have exposure to senior leaders in GI Business and Finance while gaining in-depth knowledge of the Group Insurance business, products and strategy. The candidate will have the opportunity to support GI’s broad reporting requirements and capital management while learning various functions across GI Finance. This position will interact with various areas within GI, including Actuarial, Underwriting, Distribution, Global Portfolio Management, as well as throughout Financial Management, including Corporate Controllers, Asset & Liability Management, Regulatory Reporting, and Tax.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for borrowing and liquidity, including cash management, debt and liquidity stress testing.
- Support initiatives aimed at providing insightful analytics to the business, including product cost of capital and case profitability analysis.
- Coordinate and support Group Business in work related to Rating Agencies, various corporate committees, and regulatory bodies.
- Support other ad hoc strategic projects and presentations as the need arises.
- Support efforts to automate and streamline existing reporting processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Finance, Accounting or related discipline preferred
- CFA or MBA candidate preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Basic understanding of investments, capital management and US GAAP/STAT accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to understand and interpret financial data and convert it into insightful analytics
- Strong critical thinking skills; ability to think “out of the box” and handle complex topics tactfully by conceptualizing, synthesizing and analyzing to drive reasonable conclusions
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities under tight time frames, ability to organize and prioritize to move tasks forward and complete them in a time efficient manner
- Self-motivated/ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary with an ability to interact with all levels of management
- Familiarity with the Prudential accounting/forecast systems is a plus
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.