Full Job Description
As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco.
Assess new private debt financing opportunities and make investment recommendations to the investment committee via preparation of a credit proposal to include company and industry analysis, capital structure analysis, cash flow projections, evaluation of collateral adequacy, management, sponsor quality, identification of key risks and evaluation of mitigating factors. As an Associate in the Private Debt Group, this individual will be involved in all aspects of evaluating, executing, closing and monitoring Private Debt investments sourced by senior origination professionals. The Private Debt Group is an expanding platform and this individual will also be expected to assist with capital raising activities, internal presentations, market research, infrastructure development and future recruiting efforts.
You will be responsible for:
- Member of the team responsible for reviewing, analyzing and making recommendations on new financing opportunities incorporating Confidential Information Memoranda, Management Presentations and historical and projected financial performance.
- Build highly customized cash flow models to understand historical and projected cash flows and the ability to service indebtedness under a variety of different scenarios.
- Support the due diligence process, including preparing due diligence lists, synthesizing data room materials, reviewing third-party consultant reports, understanding macro-level and/or industry trends, performing valuation analysis,
- leading due diligence discussions with management and/or private equity firm and other analysis that may be important to making a highly informed investment decisions.
- Support the preparation of the Investment Committee materials, which will include an analysis of key due diligence findings, a supportable investment thesis, a discussion of investment risks and other information to support the investment recommendation.
- Perform on-going monitoring and review of existing transactions including historical financial analysis, cash flow modeling, industry analysis and assessments and review of internal and external ratings.
- Participate in management meetings, plant tours and inspections.
- Help prepare presentations for meetings with clients, which may include private equity firms, advisory firms, capital markets desks and other private debt platforms, among others.
- Assist in workstreams associated with capital raising activities, which may include the preparation of marketing presentations, assisting with due diligence process and other activities related to legal documentation, internal approvals and compliance.
The experience you bring:
- 3 years of work experience in a credit or private equity related role. Strong preference for direct lending, private credit, leveraged finance in bank or equity investment experience in middle market companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA
- Aptitude for detail and a strong commitment to accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis and financial modeling skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Excel and Word and Bloomberg.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on projects.
- Self-motivated, ability to multi-task and quickly complete tasks upon assignment.
- Team Oriented
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.