Full Job Description
Associate, Private Placements
The Associate, Private Placements contributes to originating and managing non-publicly-traded (senior) debt investments. Working independently under limited supervision, this job is responsible for investments in high-quality private placement securities and/or investments in a wide variety of private placement securities, including corporate investment grade, project finance, private Asset Backed Securities and credit tenant loan transactions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Evaluates a variety of investment grade privately placed investment opportunities that encompass various industry sectors and deal structures, both domestic and foreign.
- Analyzes, structures, prices and manages large and/or complex transactions and presents recommendations to credit committee as part of a deal team.
- Performs quantitative and qualitative analysis used in the underwriting process.
- Monitors a portfolio of investments, prepares credit update memos and makes recommendations (buy, sell and hold) to portfolio managers.
- Coordinates investment process with other functional areas within the company (Legal, Portfolio Managers, etc.).
- Manages investments in high-quality private placement securities and/or investments in a wide variety of private placement securities, including investment and non-investment grade securities, in accordance with defined investment objectives and parameters, while also supporting the origination of investments.
- Maintains an asset allocation approach to enhance investment performance and maximize returns while appropriately balancing risk, analyzing economic/industry forecasts as well as investment approaches and risk scenarios to formulate recommendations for asset allocation.
- Analyzes economic, industry and company data, and develops detailed financial models to support investment decisions.
- Assists in maintaining relationships with deal sponsors, investment banks, investment funds, and other deal flow sources.
University (Degree) Preferred
2+ Years Required; 3+ Years Preferred
- 2 years of investment and/or credit experience
- 3+ years of investment and/or credit experience, relevant Private Placement industry experience strongly preferred
- CFA and/or MBA
- Strong problem solving skills with a solid knowledge of accounting and finance
- Strong results orientation and ability to work in a performance-based environment
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.