Who is Costa Farms? We’re one of the world’s largest horticultural growers—but without an ego to match our acreage. Our headquarters are in Miami, Florida, where we were founded in 1961. Costa Farms started on just 30 acres, and over the last 60 years, we’ve grown to more than 5,000 acres around the world. We have farms in North and South Carolina, Central and South Florida, and the Dominican Republic, plus an office in China. Costa Farms now employs nearly 6000 engineers, marketers, accountants/analysts, human resources professionals, and of course, growers and plant scientists!
Here at Costa Farms, we live by the values of H3: being Humble, staying Hungry, and always Hustling. The team rallies to the mission of being a lean, green, growing machine dedicated to enriching the world by bringing plants into everyone’s life.
True to that mission, we grow more than 1,500 plant varieties. Driven by the spirit of innovation, the team is always testing new plants and developing new solutions to make it easier for retailers and plant parents to enjoy plants. We’re also continuously testing different ways of growing our plants to increase quality and improve their ecological footprint as one aspect of our many sustainability efforts.
We cultivate plants, as well as a winning culture. Join the team, and you’ll find opportunities to learn and grow. You’ll collaborate with other driven, determined people who together keep Costa Farms an industry leader. You’ll support and be supported by a team that cares about each other, our customers, our consumers, and our community.
You’ll also find right away that Costa Farms is committed to providing a diverse environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, military status, marital status or veteran status, or any other group status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Act as a business partner to our Production Facility by providing financial and operational analytics to improve company performance. The individual is expected to provide analysis that will assist in understanding, explaining, and developing key performance drivers. Individuals will provide timely, accurate, and relevant analysis regarding business performance and how results flow into the financial statements. The individual is expected to work closely with farm managers and internal customers to understand their needs and provide application support.
- Perform and Prepare Operational Analysis reports highlighting variances and performance drivers
- Assist in the development of metrics used to drive operational performance
- Needs to be able to observe and understand manufacturing processes.
- Develop the tools for effectively delivering the analysis to the end-users
- Review and ensure integrity and accuracy of production data/financials
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve processes, identify issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Assist with presentations to leadership
- Preparation of quarterly financial results package to be presented to leadership
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Full time – flexibility to work extra time if needed.
- Work in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
- Works in an office environment
- Extensive travel to company subsidiaries will be necessary from time to time
- Problem-solving, oral/written communication, analytical ability, calculating, concentration, & interpersonal abilities continuously.
- Eye/hand coordination, typing, handling, & wrist motion continuously.
- Bending, reaching, stretching, standing, & walking occasionally.
- Communicates effectively
- Cultivates innovation
- Builds networks
- Drives results
- Optimizes work processes
- Microsoft Office, SAGE,
- Financial Analysis: Ability to create advanced spreadsheets, explain variances to estimates, identify business risks and opportunities, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Travel between farm locations on a monthly basis.
- Project Management: Ability to manage projects/tasks to ensure successful delivery (on time and within budget) while identifying potential issues/risks.
- Control Environment: Understanding of internal controls, standards, and processes to ensure accuracy and consistency in data used for decision-making, internal/external reporting, and communications
- Basic Operating Systems: Knowledge of basic software and operating systems and all related aspects
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment
- Advanced Excel skills are required. Power BI is a plus. Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office Products.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills are a must.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field. MBA or equivalent designation preferred.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (KPIs)
Indicate how the success of this role will be measured (i.e. KPI’s or specific objectives this person must complete)
- Reduced headcount
- Reduced shrink
- Reduced downtime
- Savings visible on the P&L
- Throughput/use of existing technologies
- Increase volume in AutoStix and overall volume in the DR
After applying, follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date on what’s happening around Costa Farms and to start becoming part of our family. Come Grow with Us™!
Costa Farms offers competitive wages and benefits, including:
- 401(k) Plan
- Company 401(k) Matching Contributions
- Health Savings Account
- Care on Demand Telemedicine
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (Aflac)
- Virtual workplace for certain roles
- Growth Opportunities
- Challenging and exciting work environment
- Costa Farms Scholarship
- Employee discounts on plants
Costa Farms also has:
On-site gym with showers
On-site cafeteria and dry cleaning
Love Where You Work activities throughout the year