With approximately CAD 179.5 billion in assets under management as of June 30 2021, Fiera Capital, an independent firm, is one of Canada’s leading investment managers. We deliver customized multi-asset solutions across public and private market asset classes to institutional, financial intermediary and private wealth clients across North America, Europe and key markets in Asia. We strive to be at the forefront of investment-management science, and we are passionate about creating sustainable wealth for clients. Fiera Capital is recognized for our talented people. Our teams collaborate and seek to draw on the global industry’s most innovative and diverse offerings to craft strategies that meet the needs of any client, anywhere they are located.
Why join Fiera Capital:
- Inclusive workplace and diverse background of employees
- Growth and development opportunities
- Entrepreneurial industry-leading company with a purposeful mission
- Flexible work arrangements, competitive compensation and benefits
- Collaborative approach, innovative and culture of integrity
- Ambitious organization who strives for excellence
What we are looking for:
Fiera Capital is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our growing US Financial Intermediaries distribution team. The successful candidate will demonstrate a team first approach and accept the challenges of working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where the focus remains steadfastly on the end client. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Head of Global Distribution Support, the Business Development Associate will play a key role in helping the team service existing clients and develop new business opportunities within the financial intermediary channel. The US Intermediary channel focuses on marketing Fiera’s investment solutions to RIA’s, Financial Advisors at Broker Dealers, Private Banks, and Family offices.
- Conduct pre-meeting due diligence research on prospects;
- Research and present market/competitive analysis including market intelligence, demands, pertinent trends to internal partners on an ongoing basis;
- Source and qualify prospects through various public web sites, industry media and other databases;
- Work closely with the marketing team to prepare presentation materials for meetings and conference calls;
- Partner with the RFP team to coordinate deliverables;
- Update pertinent prospect and client information in CRM system, Salesforce;
- Assist the team in the execution of territory business plans designed to drive asset and revenue growth across the firm;
- Continuously learn and share product knowledge, industry trends and compliance guidelines.
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- FINRA Series 7 & 63 required;
- MBA or CFA in progress preferred;
- 3 – 5 years of industry experience preferably within a financial intermediary sales or consultant relations team;
- Proven experience/general knowledge of investment industry with specific experience within the financial intermediary channel;
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to stay organized;
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to work with large sets of data;
- Experience with Salesforce, Morningstar Direct, and eVestment preferred;
- Strong desire and capacity to learn;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively across a growing, entrepreneurial firm.
The use of masculine is for the sole purpose of lightening the text and refers to both women and men.
Fiera Capital subscribes to the principle of employment equity. Our staff are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability, genetic information, or any other federal, state or local protected class. Fiera Capital will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
All staffing decisions, including hiring and promotion decisions, will be based on merit, skills, performance and business needs. We are pleased to receive applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Job applicants who are individually selected for an interview will be notified that accommodations are available upon request. If a selected participant requests accommodation, Fiera Capital shall consult with the applicant and provide, or arrange for the provision of, a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability.
We thank all applicants for their interest in a career with Fiera Capital. We will only communicate with those selected for an interview.