Role and Responsibilities
CAE, the worldwide leader in aviation training is seeking a Business Development and Market Intelligence Analyst to join our Performance Management Office. If you are a strategic thinker with proven market analysis experience this role is for you!
The Business Development and Market Intelligence Analyst is responsible for providing an outside-in view of the Business & Helicopter Aviation Training industries including CAE’s position in them.
This person works closely with CAE’s Business Development and Marketing groups to deliver key insights and recommendations such as: business cases for new simulator deployments as well as simulator retirements and relocations, market share analysis including trends and opportunities, and the maintenance of key product-level metrics. This person will routinely present insights & recommendations to management via reports, dashboards, and presentations and will also play a key role in business strategy discussions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Support Business Development team on development and refinement of business cases:
- Analyze aircraft fleet and customer booking data to develop and refine key metrics as inputs to business cases;
- Coordinate with members of the Sales team to challenge/validate business capture and product performance assumptions in support of business cases
- Regularly update and analyze data models that provide insights into product-specific market dynamics
Analyze market trends and develop insights for business leaders:
- Source market data and build and maintain models to analyze and forecast macro trends in the market as well as provide insights into opportunities to grow market share and addressable market
- Regularly update and analyze product-level market share models and identify risk and opportunities
- Work with CAE’s Civil Market & Strategy team to develop and maintain key sources of market data as well as coordinating reports and analysis
- Collect data and prepare ad hoc reports and presentations as needed to support budget and strategy planning discussions
Ad hoc requests and other duties:
- Prepare reports and analysis to address ad hoc requests relating to market trends, business performance etc.
- Support other analysts on the team in their reports and analysis as necessary
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 2-5 years proven experience with full cycle market analysis
- An understanding of the Aviation industry and particularly aviation training and business aviation is especially helpful
- Experience collecting, validating, and analyzing external data
- Experience building competitive analysis and modeling market dynamics
- Advanced skills in MS office, particularly Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, PowerPivot, etc.)
- Ability to structure analysis and findings in a clear and organized manner
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Should be able to assess a complex landscape, seek facts and develop logical, fact-based recommendations to present to leadership
- Experience in relational databases, SQL, and working with structured and unstructured data
- Experience extracting and processing large amounts of data as part of analysis
- Experience with BI platforms such as MS Power BI and Tableau
- Experience with data processing languages such as R, Python, Hadoop and C#
- Ability to work in ambiguous environment and take ownership of job responsibility
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value “One CAE”, we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.