Financial Analysis and Decision Support
The LOB Finance Analyst is responsible for supporting the Commercial Banking LOB Finance Manager in regards to performing financial analysis for numerous purposes including: business performance evaluation, risk identification, controls evaluation, and accuracy of results.
- Analysis is conducted using standard reports and the development and production of non-standard reports/analyses to support the Lines of Business
- Analyzes and interprets financial information by understanding the drivers behind the results in order to form well informed conclusions regarding the accuracy of the information, as well as form recommendations to optimize profitability of the business units.
- Proactively works with the LOB Finance Manager to provide business partners advice on how to improve profitability, productivity, or efficiency. Includes understanding, articulating and reviewing results to ensure consistency with corporate financial policies and controls.
- The LOB Finance Analyst collaborates with Atlantic Union’s Corporate Finance teams to ensure the models and tools used for decision support are effective.
- Planning and Forecasting
- The LOB Finance Analyst works with line of business team resources, the Financial Planning & Analysis team, as well as Atlantic Union’s Corporate Finance teammates to effectively support the annual business and financial planning process.
- The LOB Finance Analyst also helps support the LOB Finance Manager concerning the Company’s periodic forecasting process, including soliciting information from business partners as well as utilizing independent knowledge in order to accurately forecast near and longer term financial results and identify risks and opportunities to the forecast that enhance management’s tactical decision making abilities.
The LOB Finance Analyst is responsible for supporting the Commercial Banking LOB Finance Manager with regards to communicating business unit financial information to the Line of Business Executive Management team and other areas of Finance and the Company. The spectrum of financial reporting includes internal business unit management reporting including balanced scorecards and certain non-financial measures, support of corporate and bank external financial reporting, including SEC segment financial reporting, as well as in support of investor relations strategies.
This position reports directly to the Line of Business Finance Manager.
Key clients include the Line of Business Executive leader and their senior leadership teams, Atlantic Union’s Corporate CFO and Corporate Finance
Education & Experience
- Broad financial background and excellent analytic skills required
- Commercial Banking and Finance related experience and knowledge required
- 5+ years of financial and/or business line experience within the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other business related field. MBA or Masters a plus
- Strong strategic and financial acumen
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must be self-directed with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to delegate effectively while maintaining accountability for appropriate completion of deliverables
- Effective time management
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Proven relationship-building skills and the ability to collaborate with peers and senior managers
We are proud to be an EEO/AA, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.