The Capital Analyst position supports the Finance Director of Mfg in providing financial insight and support for Bridgestone Americas. This advanced capital analysis role is responsible for constructing and consolidating the capital expenditure and fixed assets for Bridgestone manufacturing and supply chain facilities.
Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.Guided by its global corporate social responsibility (CSR), commitment ‘Our Way to Serve,’ Bridgestone embraces its responsibility as a global leader by striving to improve the way people move, live, work and play.
- Build and manage monthly capital expenditure forecasting process for assigned plants and own achievement of the budget/forecast
- Provide variance analysis of actual vs forecast capital expenditures.
- Assist in development of capex project financials including cash flows, NPV, IRR, and ROI analyses.
- Supports budgeting and financial planning to align business strategy with proper investment to fund activities that drive the business.
- Produces in-depth analyses for review by management with recommendations and enhanced insight that will influence overall business decision making.
- Provides financial analyses including economic modeling, cash flow analysis, and concise financial reporting for large cross-functional innovation projects.
- Educates the team on financial processes and identifies areas for process improvement.
- Ensures processes and procedures are followed by groups supported.
- Operates as part of a larger team and in managing their own work.
- Participates and occasionally leads cross-functional project teams within a manufacturing setting.
- Maintains strong interactive relationships with internal customers by listening, clarifying and responding effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related technical discipline.
- 5 years of progressive work experience in Finance.
- Expert level in Microsoft suite of products including Excel and PowerPoint.
- MBA Degree and /or professional certification (eg. CPA).
- Proficiency with SAP and BI/BW.