Capital & Liquidity Management Organization:
The Capital & Liquidity Management Organization (C&LM) oversees the end-to-end risk-weighted asset (RWA) and capital measurement processes across the Firm, ensures efficient and appropriate management of the Firm’s capital, and manages the Firmwide Capital Stress Testing process. C&LM partners with other JPMC functions, including Risk, Firmwide Regulatory Reporting & Analysis (FRRA) and the Lines of Business (LoBs) to establish controls and governance best practices and accountability for the Regulatory Capital process. C&LM is also responsible for interfacing with Regulators on capital-related issues and guiding LOBs and clients on efficient capital decisions.
Capital & Liquidity Policy:
Within C&LM, the Capital & Liquidity Policy (C&LP) team provides interpretations of the U.S. regulatory capital rules for current, pending and proposed transactions in support of Front Office, Risk, Finance and Technology organizations Firmwide. C&LP oversees and helps to coordinate activities across Finance and Risk organizations to ensure compliance with U.S. regulatory capital requirements. C&LP also liaises with the regulatory agencies regarding examinations and ad-hoc regulatory inquiries. The Associate role supports the “Regulatory Capital Risk Stripe Lead” within C&LP who oversees and owns compliance of Basel related activities Firmwide pertaining to Securitization and Equity risk stripes.
C&LM is seeking an Associate to join the C&LP team and provide technical analysis and support for the Risk Stripe Lead covering the Securitization and Equity risk stripes.
Responsibilities of the Associate role include:
Supporting the Risk Stripe Lead on various priorities, including but not limited to:
- Having a strong understanding of the US Final Capital rules in the Securitization and Equity risk stripes;
- Providing LoBs ad-hoc transaction support by performing technical analysis to determine appropriate Basel categorization and calculation of RWA;
- Performing annual rule implementation ‘GAP’ analyses for the Securitization and Equity risk stripes;
- Hosting governance forums and providing rule interpretation/guidance updates, Firmwide project updates and monitoring of issues (and associated remediation plans)
- Developing training materials and delivering training sessions (standard and specialized based on LOB needs)
- Providing updates to the Securitization and Equity Firmwide Operating Model and End-to-End (E2E) control framework
- Leading efforts to identify and remediate control gaps in LoB owned procedures
- Perform periodic review of Implementation Guidance documents (IG) against changes/updates to the US rule and internally developed standards to identify gaps and ensure ongoing compliance
- Provide implementation support for ad-hoc analyses and exercises (e.g., Quantitative Impact Study – QIS)
- Assist the broader team on various implementation projects and ensure timely and comprehensive remediation of securitization and banking book equity related (BIR or IA) Issues and Action Plans
- 3+ years banking and finance experience with leading banks
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategic plans into actionable steps
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with and knowledge of the US Final Rule
- Experienced in regulatory capital calculation and reporting infrastructures
- Experience in financial audit of financial services institutions
- Experience in operational audit and compliance of financial services institutions
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans