Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Analyst position with 3-5 years work experience who has powerful data analytics capability and has a strong growth mindset, especially in becoming more externally focused. The ideal candidate would come in and not only learn about the Treasury department and how it impacts other areas of the company, but also work with external partners and broker that market insight into the organization. Through reporting and analytics, this analyst would be in a unique position to have a broad understanding of Treasury from a foundational level and has the opportunity to either specialize as he/she grows within the department, or be able to take those skills to another department as a strong Treasury ambassador.
- Perform critical reporting, provide complex modeling, and prepare presentations for senior management for Capital Markets, including:
- Evaluate different Debt Instruments best utilized to meet both short term and long term needs at the most efficient cost
- Evaluate options associated with monetizing Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Inventory to improve working capital efficiency. Coordinate activities with banking partners and different functions when establishing new Factoring and Supply Chain Financing programs.
- Evaluate solutions available to meet various leasing needs
- Support Share Repurchase activities such as recommending when to repurchase, obtaining appropriate approval and working with select brokers to best execute the program
- Ensure compliance with Key Controls associated with the Debt Management areas
- Perform ad hoc analysis regarding Cost of Capital, Capital Allocations and Liquidity Metrics
- Provide auxiliary support to Benefit Investments (Pension and 401K) team for portfolio management reporting and analytics
- Assist in implementation of new tools and solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness across Treasury
- Interact externally with Banks, Rating Agencies, Consultants, and Portfolio Managers to both extract market insight and broker connections to the broader Eastman organization
- Co-pilot ad-hoc projects across Treasury and act as liaison across other departments of the organization to collaborate through the “One Voice of Treasury”
- Accounting, Finance, or Math degree required
- 3-5 years of financial analysis experience preferred
- Passed Level 1 of the CFA is a plus
- MBA is a plus
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.