The institutional services department is currently seeking to hire a client portfolio analyst in the client services group supporting domestic fixed income and equity strategies with a focus on insurance clients.
The client portfolio analyst position is primarily responsible for supporting the client portfolio management team and servicing client requests for investment information in a timely manner. The successful candidate will be capable of gathering information from various sources, including internal investment systems, research analysts, portfolio management teams and written/electronic news publications. The overall objective of the client portfolio analyst group is to assist in providing our clients with best-in-class client service on a consistent basis.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Utilize various investment systems and analytical tools to produce client reports
- Create client books used in portfolio review meetings
- Meet with portfolio management teams and write quarterly (monthly) investment commentaries for fixed income products
- Generate customized responses/reports to ad hoc requests
- Complete consultant questionnaires
- Verify internal data output to ensure accuracy
- Develop ways to streamline departmental processes
- A bachelor’s degree with a major in finance, math or statistics preferred; progress towards CFA/MBA a plus
- 3+ years experience in the investment industry
- Experience reporting to insurance clients
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment
- Familiarity with fixed income securities in both domestic and foreign markets
- Exceptional communication skills– both verbal and written (a writing sample will be required)
- Superior organizational skills and strong work ethic
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications (strong Microsoft office skills and the ability to address problems with technological solutions a plus)
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Proactive, can-do attitude
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.