The Associate position requires a highly motivated problem solver with solid analytical ability, strong organizational skills, and a desire to advance within the organization. The work of an Associate will involve the execution of engagement work streams that may be either qualitative or quantitative in nature.
Responsibilities include design and development of financial analyses, evaluation of strategic alternatives, development, and presentation of client deliverables, and industry research. The ideal candidate should be prepared to work in a team environment on a diverse range of transaction advisory services assignments relating to:
- Financial Statement Review and Reconciliations
- Quality of EarningsQuality of Net Working Capital
- Business and Transactional
- Performance Analyze financial and operational results through the preparation of various analyses, review accounting records, and assist with conducting interviews with management.
- Demonstrate consistency in the delivery of analyses across all areas of an engagement.
- Utilize business, finance, accounting, and analytical skills to perform tasks including, but not limited to: quality of earnings, financial trend analysis, working capital trending, and benchmark, financial statement review, and business plan assessments demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and foster teamwork and innovative thinking.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, written analyses, presentations, and other client deliverables. Demonstrate the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, quality, and integrity.
- Demonstrate commitment to learning, share knowledge with team members and strive to enhance service delivery.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting.
- An MBA or CPA is a plus.
- 1-3 years of prior audit and transaction advisory experience.
- Strong data analysis skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong Excel and data management skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a desire and ability to manage processes.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with senior management.
- A strong work ethic and ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas.
- Willingness to travel up to 40%.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Big Data analysis, Data Visualization, and / or Business intelligence tools
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize changing work demands, and learn quickly.
- Ability to understand legal documents and complex agreements.
- Familiarity with financial research tools (e.g. Capital IQ, Bloomberg, etc.).
- Experience in a Big Four Transaction Advisory Services practice.
- Experience and depth of knowledge of industry players, key industry drivers, and current trends.
Berkeley Research Group provides independent advice, data analytics, authoritative studies, expert testimony, investigations, and regulatory and dispute consulting to Fortune 500 corporations, financial institutions, government agencies, major law firms, and regulatory bodies around the world. BRG experts provide sophisticated economic, financial, and analytical advice across a wide range of disciplines, including antitrust and competition policy, complex damages, finance, healthcare, intellectual property, restructuring, valuation, and workforce issues. In addition, the firm assists clients in major industry sectors with compliance, business process improvement, and strategy consulting.
Headquartered in Emeryville, California, BRG currently has over 40 offices across the United States and internationally. This position offers advancement opportunities within a rapidly growing expert service and consulting firm.
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the United States, without company sponsorship.