Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
Who We Are
We are a team comprised of Internal Consultants, Corporate Strategists, Market Researchers and Strategy Leaders who help to set enterprise strategy through planning, strategically consult and align Premera business unit plans with Enterprise Strategy, and facilitate strategic initiatives. We identify strategic growth strategies within respective markets and in partnership with the business to help define competitive advantage and core competencies. We focus on sustainable growth and provide unbiased and inclusive market data. As a strategic innovation resource we help to carry out Premera values of doing the right thing, identifying with the customer, and acting with urgency.
The Corporate Strategist develops business strategy and objectives with the goal of creating actionable corporate strategies that enable Premera’s long term success. The role helps leaders across the organization gain insight into changes in healthcare and our business by evaluating business needs, analyzing, and developing business requirements and recommending cost effective solutions.
What you will do:
- Collaborates with Strategy Leaders to advise Executive Leadership and other leaders in the organization in the development of corporate strategy.
- Work with internal clients/department management, identify key business issues and recommend action plans.
- Act as an internal consultant providing guidance on complex analytical projects and planning resources to meet project deadlines.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams in designing business solutions.
- Interface with management at all levels of the company within the scope of assigned projects to ensure quality and timeliness of projects.
- Collect data and provide analyses for a broad array of issues across disciplines and functional areas with sole responsibility for medium to large-sized analytical projects.
- Assists Strategy Leaders with managing medium to large-scale enterprise strategy initiatives and programs, including managing project budgets and schedules.
- Evaluate and distill/synthesize analyses conducted by other departments and/or external consultants.
- Prepare preliminary interpretation of analyses for project teams, clients, and/or department management.
- Prepare, facilitate, and deliver presentations outlining business cases to all levels of management as needed
- Educate and outreach to the organization to share insights.
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years’ work experience.
- Five (5) years’ experiences in consulting, or analytical business experience OR Master’s degree and 3 years related business experience.
- MBA or Master’s degree in a relevant field (business, healthcare management, finance, management)
- Understanding of the healthcare and insurance industries, including factors that influence the industry.
What we offer
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Equal employment opportunity/affirmative action:
Premera is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
If you need an accommodation to apply online for positions at Premera, please contact Premera Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 425-918-4785.