VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
VMware is seeking a summer intern to join its Strategy & Corporate Venture team. This role is intended to convert to a full-time position upon graduation. This is an opportunity to join a team addressing key strategic areas of growth for VMware, providing an excellent platform for strategy professionals to play a prominent role in shaping the future of one of the most exciting companies in the software technology landscape.
We are a small, core group of professionals who help plan and develop strategic plans of record, address key cross-business-unit strategic questions, and find opportunities for strategic partnerships and investments to help the company realize its growth goals. As a key member of this team, you will be responsible for supporting VMware’s strategy and investment efforts.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Develop a keen understanding of the infrastructure software ecosystem, and monitor key technology and market trends in specific areas of interest to VMware
- Maintain firm view of market landscape of industry participants. This includes emerging startup companies, market shares, relative competitive advantage, and business models
- Apply creative problem-solving skills to identify strategic investment and growth opportunities for VMware; deliver analytically rigorous insights derived from data to support strategy direction and prioritization
- Support the full lifecycle of investments and strategic partnerships; develop strategic rationale, source deals, create business cases, conduct company and industry due diligence to support investment or business development opportunities
- Work collaboratively across organizations to support cross-company strategy efforts; support key strategic initiatives spanning strategic planning, growth strategy, and new business development
Specific technology areas you will focus on can include:
Enterprise data center and cloud infrastructure, including compute, networking, storage, security, management, and mobility
Application development, integration, deployment, and lifecycle management
Cloud native services and emerging technologies
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1st Year MBA student with an undergraduate STEM degree
- 3-5 years experience working at a top management consulting firm, investment banking firm, private equity firm or technology company in a product management/product development role
- Demonstrated passion for technology landscape and deep understanding of key industry trends
- Exceptional analytical abilities and data driven decision-making
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills: demonstrated ability to develop relationships and build credibility with senior executives
- Develop and present compelling business cases in a persuasive and engaging manner
- Hands-on experience with technology from prior work experience
- Demonstrable leadership skills in a team setting where team members are not direct reports
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
This role is available to currently enrolled 1st year MBA-level students only. Internship will be 12 weeks during Summer 2021.