The Private Placement group invests in private debt for public and private investment grade quality companies domiciled in developed market countries around the world. We invest in a wide variety of industries across the maturity spectrum. Since the securities in which we invest are private and therefor relatively illiquid, the clients on behalf of whom we invest are institutional clients and are largely insurance companies
We are looking for a NY-based Investment Grade Private Placement Credit Analyst. Research is the cornerstone of our collaborative investment decision process; our analysts and associates engage in creative, rigorous and long-term strategic analysis that is the basis for portfolio decisions. The candidate will play an integral role in generating investment ideas working with PMs to populate private placement portfolios.
Describe the role:
Private Placement analysts are responsible for analyzing the credit and legal aspects of all new deals, negotiating covenants, monitoring credits in which we have invested, and negotiating waivers and amendments
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze the merits of a private placement transaction from both a credit and legal perspective
- Maintain industry expertise to anticipate cycles, secular trends and structural changes in industries covered
- Lead due diligence sessions with senior management of issuers
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external analysts and senior management at our issuers
- Write company reviews, develop/maintain financial models and forecasting
Our Analysts typically have track records of outstanding professional performance or academic achievement, along with excellent analytical skills, financial skills as well as strong communication skills. Candidates should have a strong ability to work in a collaborative environment and to present results to both expert and non-expert audiences
- Competitive drive – must relish the day-to-day challenge to think and act ahead of the market.
- Creative – have the ability to think outside the box on complex credit situations.
- Works well under pressure – must be able to remain calm and focused while multi-tasking in a fast-paced, unstructured and dynamic work environment.
- Team oriented/strong communication – must be able to work with people of diverse skills and personalities towards a common goal of effectively managing large portfolios.
- Superior negotiating skills – must be able to effectively represent our position in both new deals and waivers/amendment situations
- Self-starter – must possess strong self-improvement initiative.
The successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience in fundamental credit analysis
- Educational background would ideally include finance, accounting, CFA, MBA or similar
- Strong understanding of legal documentation in the private placement industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm providing industry-leading research and investment solutions through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world’s top institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate, and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that operates as a tight-knit community.
If you’re ready to innovate and grow your career, join us.
People of color, women, and those who identify as LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. AB does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law. AB’s policies, as well as practices, seek to ensure that employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants, based solely on job-related criteria.
New York City, New York