The Development Analytics Manager contributes to the companys strategic decision-making process by providing market, financial and operational analysis to support new ground-up developments and property expansions. The Development Analytics Manager will work with various stakeholders in operations, finance, construction services and 3rd party professionals to produce financial market analysis and pro formas for new developments. They will utilize Suns internal data sources to produce insights that drive continuous improvement in planning for development projects.
- Utilizes available computer systems, resources and team member input to carry out analysis to support management decision making for new development projects.
- Prepares and delivers presentations for internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyzes data and recommends specific actions based on findings to executive team members, stakeholders and 3rd party consultants.
- Conducts appropriate research to gather required information such as quantitative market data, competitive analysis and internal metrics.
- Interprets and analyzes financial information and creates financial pro-formas for new development projects.
- Initiates contact and maintains proper follow-up with development stakeholders including 3rd party consultants and internal team members as necessary.
- Assists executive team with administrative tasks such as tracking and compiling information of interest.
- Prepares various reports for executive team, development stakeholders and 3rd party consultants that provide insight for new development projects.
- Handles confidential information and ensures the integrity of all information received and/or reviewed.
- Actively participates, and often leads, development meetings including those of a legal matter.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate or related field. (Required)
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) (Preferred)
- 4 years financial analysis and/or accounting experience
- 1 year real estate, MH/RV experience and/or related field
- Basic understanding of business intelligence software and database query language, preferred
- Ability to maintain strict levels of confidentiality
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven analytical skills
At Sun Communities, you will be part of an industry-leading organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with two PPO plan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs of you and your family
- Comprehensive Dental Plan
- Voluntary Vision Plan with the option of electing coverage for you and your family members at affordable rates
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to team members who further their formal education
- Site Rent Discounts for team members who live in our communities
- Paid Time Off including nine holidays, vacation, personal, sick time, bereavement and pay for jury duty
Apply for a Corporate Headquarters (HQ) position, located in the Metro Detroit, Michigan market today.
Join our Talent Community and explore Corporate Headquarters jobs at Sun Communities.