Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Perioperative and GI Services, the Director of Business Operations coordinates and evaluates the operational and financial management activities of Perioperative & GI Services to identify opportunities to improve operations and reduce cost. This includes perioperative and GI data reporting, scheduling management, budget development, evaluating billing and expenses, and the business plan development for new services. In collaboration with the department chairs, evaluate block utilization, cost per case and other operational and financial dashboards.
- Under the direction of OR leadership, develops the annual Operating Budgets, manages expense approval process, monitors supply utilization and expenses, reports on variances and develops corrective action plans.
- Develop a cost management program by identifying opportunities to enhance revenue through new volume, new procedures/policies, inventory reduction, and loss/waste control. Monitors the revenue cycle process, including development of corrective of action plans.
- Provides oversight to all product inventory, new product introduction or product changes, supply distribution systems and processes.
- Provides regular guidance and oversight to the OR Materials Manager.
- Under the direction of OR leadership, develops the annual Capital Budget, procures capital items, monitors expenses, reports on variances and develops corrective action plans.
- Assists in the development of the annual Nursing Labor Budget and monitors productivity in conjunction with Nursing Leadership.
- Assist with contract negotiations and manages vendor relationships.
- Works with surgeons and nursing colleagues in regards to new product introduction or product changes.
- Works with Finance colleagues on the development of business plans for new equipment and services, as well as cost analysis.
- Periodically benchmarks other organizations as best practice.
- Leads, facilitates, and/or participates in process redesign and operational improvement projects to enhance throughput.
Job has direct and/or indirect supervision of team members that may include final budget authority, hire/termination authority, performance appraisal responsibility and disciplinary authority. Job will be considered a member of management staff at Prisma Health or affiliate and will have direct reports.
- Master’s Degree – Master’s in a related field (MBA or MHA)
- 5 years – Business and management experience required.
Required Certifications, Registrations, Licenses
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Knowledge of clinical and operational improvement processes, management information systems, strategic and business planning. – Required
Day (United States of America)
Greenville Memorial Med Campus
1008 Greenville Memorial Hospital
10086169 Perioperative Administration
Share your talent with us! Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefits of the communities we serve. The transformation of healthcare requires talented individuals in every role here at Prisma Health.