This position provides leadership and oversight for Essentia Health’s operations in the East Market outside of the Duluth campus that include hospitals, ambulatory sites, clinics, and other locations. Functional responsibilities include budgeting, forecasting, and financial planning. Work to develop financial strategy and translate plans into tactics that can engage staff and accomplish the region’s financial, operational, and quality objectives. They will support the CFO and will work closely other key operational, finance and clinical leaders to ensure that financial plans and targets are well communicated and monitored appropriately.
- Work closely key operational, finance and clinical leaders to ensure that financial plans and targets are well communicated and monitored appropriately.
- Support the CFO, East Market, and other members of the executive management team in achieving financial strategic goals and maintaining financial viability.
- Support the CFO, East Market in educating and mentoring executive team members and management relative to meeting and establishing financial targets, controlling variances to target, utilizing financial analysis tools and methods, and establishing a culture of continuous improvement, promoting cost management and efficient resource utilization.
- Provide strategic vision for areas of responsibility and collaborate with direct reports for the tactical goals and objectives designed to implement those strategies.
- Responsible for the development of staff to create leadership and skillsets necessary to take on roles of increased accountability.
- Collaborate with other leaders in order to document and present complex financial issues in an understandable manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration is required.
- MBA in finance, accounting, business administration or related discipline is required.
Years of experience required:
- Five or more years of demonstrated experience in providing highly strategic, innovative financial leadership in a healthcare organization.
Specific types of experience and skills required:
- Hands-on leader who can lead “from the front”.
- Successful experience working in rural healthcare particularly with critical access hospitals.
- Strong understanding of the nuances of reimbursement for critical access hospitals and rural facilities.
- High level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, coworkers, and others.
- Ability to challenge, negotiate, and influence key senior executives.
- Demonstrated ability to tie financial models to strategic initiatives.
- Ability to effectively manage working relationships.