Moog Inc, was founded in 1951 when Bill Moog had one product and a vision of company culture so strong that it became the foundation of the company that we are today. We operate within a culture of trust and mutual respect, allowing our engineers to collaborate and produce cutting edge technology, as well as aiding our business in the ability to share goals and achieve them together. Our lines of precision motion control technology can be seen at the forefront of military and commercial aircraft markets, space exploration, and oil and gas markets to name a few.
Our Space & Defense Group in East Aurora, NY is hiring for a Division Financial Specialist.
The Division Financial Specialist reports to the Western New York Site Finance Team in the Space and Defense Group. This individual will be responsible for the preparation, reporting, and forecasting for the site and various business units. In addition, this individual will provide financial support to various initiatives and projects across the site.
The position will be responsible for the following…
- Assess and report on the profitability and cash flow performance of the business unit making the appropriate recommendations to help achieve the overall strategic financial growth of the Space and Defense Group
- Develop the annual sales plan for the business unit, monitoring performance to the plan, and preparing updated sales forecasts
- Financial reporting and program cost control for multiple business units within the Space and Defense Group
- Responsible for several long-term programs, which include analyzing actual costs incurred, preparing estimates to complete, and utilizing sound judgment to assess profitability of the programs
- Responsible for the accounting on these programs (i.e. sales, cost, inventory, and invoicing)
- Effectively communicate program cost and status to all levels of the Group’s management structure, internal customers, and internal/external auditors.
- Participate in the Group’s annual budget process, and will be involved in developing departmental budgets and profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Support the month end financial closing process and participate in other financial accounting projects
Minimum Requirements to be considered…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance (MBA or MS Accounting a plus)
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 5 or more years working experience in the areas of financial accounting, cost accounting, program cost analysis, auditing or financial reporting
- Strong knowledge in Financial and US GAAP principles
- Background in the principles of Government Contract Accounting is preferred
- Experience with project cost accounting and financial reporting applications
- Experience building strategic working relationships
- Experience in a Lean manufacturing environment a plus
- Outstanding communication skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- SAP experience is a plus