Washington, DC,United States
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
Within IFC, the Corporate Risk Management Department (CRM) is responsible for risk management at a corporate level: this includes Capital Management and Enterprise Risk, Operational Risk and Business Continuity, Treasury Risk and Investment Valuation.
CRM’s Capital Management and Enterprise Risk Unit (CRMCA) measures the current and projected risks in IFC’s investment portfolio to ensure IFC’s ongoing financial sustainability. Doing so, CRMCA utilizes a variety of integrated risk models, such as for economic capital, capital forecasting, stress testing or risk-adjusted performance measurement, to develop and maintain IFC’s risk management policies.
CRMCA is conducting a search for an Extended Term Consultant to support the development and maintenance of CRMCA’s risk models, with a focus on Risk Adjusted Return on Capital (RAROC) in addition to periodic and ad-hoc reports and analyses.
Duties and Accountabilities
The successful candidate will support CRMCA’s Pricing and RAROC team in:
- The collection and analysis of data from IFC’s source systems to support the update, maintenance and enhancements of RAROC and Loan Pricing models;
- The periodic analysis and reporting of results produced by the RAROC and Loan Pricing models;
- The continuous improvement of IFC’s RAROC and Loan Pricing models by designing, building, and testing model enhancements;
- The interaction with other departments, such as to obtain specific risk-relevant and financial information, or to liaise with IT;
- The interaction with investment staff to support their use and understanding of the RAROC and Loan Pricing models
- MBA, MS in Finance or Economics or a higher degree in a related subject.
- 1-2 years of work experience in risk management is highly preferred, ideally including experience or coursework directly related to financial modeling and data analysis;
- General knowledge of financial markets and investment products;
- General affinity with designing, building, implementing or testing analytical and financial models and IT solutions is required, as are basic programming skills such as VBA;
- A strong work ethic and a solid team player to work in the international and multicultural work environment within CRMCA and across the IFC;
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, comfort in multitasking and meeting tight deadlines; ability to work independently and within teams
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement
- Good communication skills with ability to present and synthetize data. Strong PowerPoint skills are preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and resourcefulness.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.