Data Analyst III eCommerce
Responsible for driving data-based decision making and optimization for Staples web properties. Improve the online customer experience by generating analysis and insights on web and mobile performance, customer behavior, voice of customer, and competitive intelligence. Leverage multiple sources of analytics (web analytics, voice of customer, competitor intelligence) to understand web site performance and visitor behavior. Provide business insights and recommendations based on analysis to drive increased revenue and conversion and an improved user experience.
- Work closely with Business Units, Product Development, and Product Management teams to identify and answer important business and product questions. Communicate insights to executive leadership
- Utilize strong analytics skills, business acumen and attention to quality to provide data and analysis to assist in solving complex business problems
- Communicate insights and suggest improvements based on data and observed trends in order to advance reporting capabilities
- Identify the reporting needs and build self-service dashboards through BI tools
- Work on cross-functional teams to develop novel methods for analyzing and presenting data
- Present analytic output in order to soundly communicate clients to inform strategic and tactical decision making and guide business decisions
- Maximize revenue of associated products through attachments & alternatives, by measuring their performance and recommending actionable insights to drive decision making
- Work closely with merchants and data science to provide recommendations on customer and product targeting strategies for different web assets
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, Information systems, or a directly related field plus 4 years of Analytics experience
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Omniture and SiteCatalyst
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to break down complex problems
- Expertise with SQL, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills; a team player
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Possess good working knowledge of Reporting tools such as Tableau
- Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals.
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.