Who we are
Founded in 1911, Blick Art Materials is in its third generation of family ownership, and is the largest and oldest provider of art supplies in the United States.
At Blick Art Materials, our family owners and dedicated staff support the Visual Art Community by providing the widest selection of art supplies at the lowest prices. With extraordinary service and integrity, we strive to provide artists, educators, students, and our employees with the tools, assistance, and training they need to grow, innovate, and reach their creative potential.
Overall Purpose and Main Objectives:
The Financial Analyst will assist with the day-to-day tasks of managing the financial and operational reporting for Blick Art Materials, LLC and related companies. This position will report to the Senior Financial Analyst.
- Prepare, review, and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports for management.
- Analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document accounting and financial reporting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Perform ad hoc analyses applying skills in data extraction, consolidation, and analysis to provide clear insights to support business decision-making.
- Inform investment decisions by analyzing financial information to forecast the business.
- Assist in the creation of the annual operating plan.
- Develop, maintain and distribute other ad hoc reports and financial models as needed.
- Manage relationships with accountants and managers to ensure departmental results are interpreted correctly for monthly reporting.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office required, specifically using Excel for intermediate level data analysis.
- A self-starter who is inquisitive in nature possessing strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Experience writing SQL queries, and/or familiarity with the R statistical software platform.
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and self-educate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 0-2 years of experience in corporate finance or analytical role
- CPA or MBA a plus
- GPA 3.25 or higher (4.0 scale)