As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you’re looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco
The Equities Analyst will work with Portfolio Managers on the Global/International Growth Equity team to analyze companies in the EMEA region (Europe/Middle East/Africa), specifically SMID companies in Western Europe and across the capitalization spectrum for Emerging EMEA.
This position researches and exchanges information on corporate developments and earnings of various U.S. companies and other global business trends that affect Invesco’s current and/or prospective holdings. Based on this information, he/she provides support and investment recommendations to achieve Invesco’s financial objectives.
You will be responsible for:
- Researching, gathering, and exchanging information regarding business trends, company developments and the economic climate as it relates to the team’s current and potential holdings
- Reviewing and analyzing sell-side industry/company contacts, research databases, earnings reports, and media resources
- Working with Portfolio Managers to identify stocks with superior and sustainable earnings growth and attractive valuation characteristics
- Working to detect any deterioration in business fundamentals for the fund’s holdings
- Utilizing financial market databases, software, and other resources to source, manipulate and organize company/market data
- Crafting written reports to identify trends and communicate meaningful information used in financial analysis
- Maintaining market awareness by continually exchanging information on business trends and company developments with other Analysts, Traders, and Portfolio Managers
- Establishing effective relationships with Broker/Dealer Analysts and sales staff to maximize knowledge of industry and company fundamentals
- Developing expertise in assigned company and industry universe
- Serving as a resource to the Investment Services team in area of expertise
- Completing special research projects as needed
The experience you bring:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of sell-side or buy-side financial services and/or investment management experience as an Analyst or equivalent educational experience in a focused MBA Finance program
- A graduate of (or currently attending) an MBA program with a focus on investments/security analysis and participation in student fund highly preferred
- C.F.A. designation (or progress towards C.F.A. designation in lieu of MBA) highly preferred
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of investment analysis, statistics, and economics as would be acquired through completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, written, and verbal)
- Keen analytical skills and the ability to apply accounting, financial, and investment principles in the analysis of companies and industries
- Proven ability to gather and interpret various market data
- Ability to collaborate and interact successfully as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work under limited direct supervision
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, namely Excel and Outlook
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco’s culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.