Jefferies is seeking an associate in its Real Estate Investments Trust (REITs) Equity Research team which covers approximately 65 stocks. Our coverage spans multiple real estate property types: digital infrastructure, warehouse, office, retail, apartments, healthcare, and self-storage.
In this role, the associate will have the opportunity to analyze industry macro trends and company financials under the direction of Senior Analysts on the US REITs Team. The associate will be primarily responsible for building and maintaining financial models and industry databases insuring correct and up-to-date information for research reports that are distributed to internal/external clients. The associate will also work closely with Senior Analysts to write the aforementioned reports, including earnings reports, company reports, monthly/weekly publications and coverage initiation reports. As part of this process, the associate will also review business and trade publications, annual reports, financial filings and other sources in order to gather, synthesize and interpret data on companies followed by the US REITs Team.
Over time, the associate will also be responsible for communicating recommendations to sales, trading and clients. In addition, the associate will help develop marketing materials for clients, meet with management teams of companies and attend industry conferences where appropriate.
- Bachelors Degree with high GPA
- Strong academic background, with a focus on accounting, finance, or economics preferred.
- 1-3 years of related financial services experience, preferably in sell-side/buy-side equity research, investment banking, or real estate valuation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – proficiency in Excel is critical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work in a time sensitive environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Resourcefulness, entrepreneurial spirit and proven leadership qualities
- Strong interest in commercial real estate
- Strong interest in digital infrastructure (data centers, cell towers, blockchain infrastructure) is a plus
- Solid experience in business modeling and financial statement analysis
- MBA/CFA/CPA a plus; Securities licensing a plus (Series 7/63 and 86/87)
Primary Location: US-NY-New York
Work Locations: New York 520 Madison Avenue New York 10022