Full Job Description
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
- Ensure the timely & accurate execution of equity agency trades and independently make trading decisions on large and more complex equity orders requiring manual intervention
- Advanced knowledge and application of best execution analytics, trading strategies, and risk management techniques
- Advanced understanding of our order management system and determine routing decisions
- Advanced ability to manage system risk and respond to changing market conditions
- Advanced understanding and application of equity market structure
- Advanced knowledge of internal and external systems, and support the development of equity trading platforms and branch tools
- Support operational excellence initiatives
- Deliver client service excellence for advanced branch-related inquiries, anticipate branch needs, and improve best practices
- Build the depth and breadth of internal and external networks, including dealer relationships
- Advanced knowledge of and adherence to all firm policies and regulatory requirements
- Provide general training and guidance to other traders, including resolution of trading system issues, execution strategies and best execution analysis
- B.A./B.S. degree in business, economics, finance, or quantitative related field
- Successful completion of Equity Trader I responsibilities or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of financial service experience required, capital markets preferred
- CFP, MBA, CFA, CPA or working towards designation(s) preferred
- Advanced knowledge of equity market structure, execution analytics, trading strategies, and risk management techniques
- Advanced knowledge of all internal and external equity trading systems, including, but not limited to, Bloomberg, 3rd party electronic trading platforms, Fidessa, Sungard, and Broadridge
- Series 7, 55, and 66 required; additional desk specific licenses are required within 6 months (based on corresponding testing windows)
- FORTUNE 2020 – Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
2020 Corporate Equality Index – Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine’s 2020 Training Top 125 list – the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm’s 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate: