We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.21 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,025 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world’s premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO Strategists are investment professionals that specialize in a strategy area or market sector, including ESG as a functional investment area. Strategists are recognized internally and externally as experts in ESG investing. Strategists use their highly specialized knowledge of ESG investing, financial markets and client needs across institutional and retail channels to manage critical ESG investing related projects, including regulatory implementation, and lead new business development efforts. Strategists focus on long-term strategic positioning, while seeking to capture near-term demand opportunities.
Strategists seek to position PIMCO for sustained high growth rates and attractive levels of profitability, diversifying PIMCO’s business by product, investor type, and region. Strategists use their highly specialized knowledge to lead all strategic aspects of that strategy area, akin to running a focused global business within PIMCO. Typical Strategist teams include Strategists and Associates who work on developing the strategic plan and provide reporting and analytical support.
PIMCO’s ESG PSG team covers a wide range of strategies, initiatives and critical projects for the firm. This individual will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth of PIMCO’s ESG business and platform development collaborating closely with portfolio management, ESG analysts and business leaders across Europe.
ESG Strategist Responsibilities:
- Manage critical ESG investing related projects, including regulatory implementation, across the globe including the U.S., Europe, and the Asia Pacific region in coordination with senior ESG leaders, ESG analysts, portfolio management, risk, legal, compliance and marketing teams
- Serve as an expert both internally and externally on the ESG investing marketplace, portfolio construction, and research across assets
- Develop a strong partnership with the ESG Leadership team and ESG analysts in order to be a credible and highly effective PM substitute, serving as a content specialist to relationships managers and marketers
- Represent PIMCO’s ESG portfolio solutions externally at client meetings, industry conferences and meetings with other market participants
- Develop marketing, servicing and educational materials, including presentations, monthly commentaries, quarterly investor reports, white papers, and other materials for publication
- Work with investors and their advisors to identify and assess investment needs and recommend suitable investment strategies and solutions
- Identify demand for new products; develop, position and support those products
- Partner with client-facing PIMCO professionals to service and grow our ESG business specifically in EMEA
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in asset management or sell-side industry
- Strong and proven project management skills, able to coordinate and align across multiple stakeholders in a timely fashion
- An MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or an equivalent advanced degree
- Robust understanding of ESG research, investing, regulations and fixed income fundamentals
- Outstanding verbal and written communication kills
- Aptitude in analyzing and communicating portfolio strategy and risk factors
- Passion for the financial markets and investment management
- Understanding of the various channels of demand and distribution for fixed income products
- Aptitude for public speaking in both formal and informal settings, in front of a variety of types and sizes of audiences
- Entrepreneurial drive to build a business coupled with the ability to be a cooperative team player
- High level of organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work according to business needs
- Willingness to travel, when appropriate
- Clear commitment to PIMCO’s culture, values and investment approach
- CFA desired
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office