About this role
The Management Information & Initiatives (MII) team within BlackRock’s Finance department is seeking an Associate to join the team in New York. Partnering with various business areas and functions across BlackRock, this position will support mutual fund board reporting, business economics and business contribution insights, financial modeling and analysis, process design, and special projects. Candidates should possess great attitude, strong analytical skills, and be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Support the implementation and ongoing delivery of analytical modeling, financial metrics and management reporting initiatives to enhance business economic contribution insight such as US Mutual Fund Board reporting related to “15(c)” Estimated Advisor Operating Income modeling
- Collaborate with various teams to understand the nature of BlackRock functions and products, help run and monitor allocation model processes, conduct data and model output validations and develop related deep-dive variance analyses
- Partner with business COOs to conduct field surveys that source cost driver data and support business insight generation
- Build and maintain complex financial models associated with fund board reporting and business and product analyses that can support senior management strategic decision-making processes; Assist with creating executive-level presentation materials summarizing well-structured analyses with clearly presented findings
- Coordinate ongoing processes and explore opportunities to enhance data sourcing, model methodologies and advanced technologies to bring about increased automation, efficiency, and accuracy
Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related field; MBA a plus
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Solid experience with analytical modeling and financial analysis best practices; project management experience a plus
- Strong problem-solving, quantitative, process driven and analytical skills; strategic and creative thinking
- Superb Excel skills – extensive use of complex Excel functions, including Power Pivots and VBA, and building financial models and reports; experience with Cognos Planning Analytics (TM1) preferred
- Strong PowerPoint skills (role requires producing executive level presentation materials for senior management/Fund Boards of Directors)
- Experience working with large data sets; agility utilizing different reporting tools/platforms
- Focused attention to detail; high standards for quality and accuracy in work product
- Strong organizational, planning and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly articulate and present ideas, both in written and oral form, to colleagues and senior leaders
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting, cross-functional coordination, proper issue escalation; ability to work in a fast pace environment with time sensitive deliverables
- Strategic, creative thinker; solutions and service oriented
- Strong work ethic and accountability owner
- Professional, positive, collegial demeanor; collaborative relationship builder
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management and able to thrive in a fast paced, innovative environment
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.