We realize that our greatest assets are our best-in-class associates, which is why we’re dedicated to offering limitless opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting career with Ferguson. Together, we can continue to lead the industry and help build our nation’s infrastructure from the ground up. Join our team today!
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Finance Business Partner for the Carolina’s and Southeast.
This is a Hybrid position where time is spent both working in the district (travel required) as well as working remotely from home. It is strongly preferred that this candidate be based in the Atlanta Metro or Orlando/Winter Park area.
Overall Job Objective:
To support business leadership and drive business performance as the Finance professional and resource for all Finance related activities, promoting data-based decision making through outstanding performance analysis.
- Understand the numbers to identify ways of adding value to the business and challenging others to find ways of improving productivity and efficiency, adding value and facilitating profitable growth
- Anticipate the potential impact of change; develop and provide Strategy feedback to the Business groups so the business maintains its competitive edge and maintains its position as the “industry benchmark”
- Act as a catalyst between the business and Finance so there is synchronized thinking and an understanding of information requirements, challenges and priorities
- Challenge and support business decisions with analytical difficulty, insights, and judgments so that better decisions are made
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentoring to the team, supporting initiatives and partnering activities
- Run multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and deliver high quality and timely results
- Balance long term business priorities with shorter term Financial targets/budgets to advise leadership
- Continuous research of the financial and competitive landscapes, including analysis of legislative, economic, and competitive industry trends
- Partner with adjacent finance departments, field finance leadership, and other areas of the business (IT, Facilities, Marketing, HR, etc.) as an advocate for the local, regional and overall business
- Occasionally travel within assigned markets
- Providing Ad Hoc analysis including Budgeting, Forecasting, Strategic Plan and Variance Analysis
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required (MBA or CPA preferred)
- Motivated self-starter keen to work on their own initiative, and at times under pressure
- Solid understanding of how the business (Corporately and locally) is crafted, to include the origin of revenues and the nature of expenditures in delivering core proficiencies
- Outstanding and professional written and oral communication skills
- Proven track record to communicate and explain sophisticated finance and operational issues to a diverse audience (i.e. branch employees to senior executives)
- Maintain a high degree of Emotional intelligence and stability working with a multitude of personalities and within a fast pace work environment
- Shown ability to work across functions and delegate tasks to centralized functions such as Accounting or IT
- Sophisticated skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI and financial modeling
- Strong ability to prioritize data, perform independent analysis, and prepare/deliver executive grade presentations
- Ability and willingness to travel (<10%)
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal and holiday), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities and much more!