If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Finance Business Partner will provide financial analysis, planning and data mining support for Fleet Management Solutions (FMS). The candidate will directly support FP&A Finance and coordinate with multiple departments to deliver results. Candidate must be inquisitive, collaborative, accurate, and efficient to ensure leadership receives informative and timely financial reports and analyses.
- Assist with closing books, forecasting balance of year financials, and creating annual plans and budgets
- Review various month end reports including actual versus budget variances
- Consolidate, prepare, and analyze financial data to understand cause-and-effect relationships and identify drivers. Candidate will be expected to perform a broad spectrum of analyses which will require data gathering and extraction from various sources
- Coordinate with Operations, Finance, Accounting, IT, and Sales to consolidate and understand financial results and communicate findings to upper management
- Present close results, operational data, and forecasts in written and verbal formats to senior leadership
- Ability to arrive at conclusions and give recommendations to management based on information obtained
- Participate in various miscellaneous projects as required
- Develop ad-hoc reports and analyses as requested by leadership
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts and principles such as operating margin, EBT, cash flow, balance sheet, cost of capital, depreciation, ROE, etc
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to present information and ideas clearly and understandably to others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to derive innovative solutions with little direction
- Bachelor’s degree required Accounting, Finance or related field
- Master’s degree preferred MBA
- Four (4) years or more Accounting and/or Finance experience required
- Four (4) years or more Transportation, Logistics, or equivalent industry preferred
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.